When the Detroit Lions take the field against the Cleveland Browns on Sunday doing so without their best offensive weapon. The accoridng to the latest Detroit Lions injury report released today. Calvin Johnson is officially listed as questionable for Sunday’s game against the Browns. It will come down to a game time decision and how Calvin Johnson’s knee feels after warm-ups.
Theo Riddick suffered a concussion against the Bears and Tony Scheffler against the Packers. Lions insider Tim Twentyman says fans should expect some other players to step up and get more playing time.
Expect rookie tight end Joseph Fauria to have an increased role in Scheffler’s absence and for Mikel Leshoure to be active in place of Riddick.
If Mikel LeShoure is active it could be the first game action he gets this season. LeShoure has been placed on the active list in favor of rookie Theo Riddick in recent weeks because of Riddick’s ability to play special teams.
Here is the rest of the Detroit Lions injury report:
- Nate Burleson – Out – Broken Arm
- Theo Riddick – Out – Conussion
- Tony Scheffler – Out – Concussion
- Jason Fox – Doubtful – Knee
- Calvin Johnson – Questionable – Knee
- Louis Delmas – Probable – Knee
- Chris Houston – Probable- Hamstring
- Ashlee Palmer – Probable – Ankle
- Glover Quinn – Probable – Ankle