The FanSided Network – this site’s parent company and the fastest growing independent sports network on the Internet – is looking to add to our staff here at Detroit Jock City. Ideal candidates will have a deep working knowledge of all Detroit sports teams, the desire to help cover everything that takes place with the team, and a passion for sports writing. Some experience certainly helps, but isn’t required.
These are non paid positions, but we are capable of offering some great opportunities for exposure and a chance to build your personal portfolio and resume. There are a host of other non-monetary benefits to joining our team and this network:
- FanSided’s custom site design
- Complete technical support
- Programs to help coach and educate our writers
- A growing community of talented sports writers
- A network-wide preference to promote from within
- SEO experience
- Your content linked to from the network’s 200+ sites
Anyone interested in applying for one of our open positions or curious to know more about the expectations we ask of our writers, please complete our online application. We’ll be in touch from there.
Some of the expectations of the position are as follows:
- Contribute at least 2 feature length posts a week
- Offer analysis beyond obvious facts
- Help promote the site and drive traffic
Those interested in writing more than two posts a week are absolutely welcome, as we’re always looking for additional members of the staff to help cover and respond to news right away. Our Staff Writers are also free to continue writing elsewhere, if they so choose to, but it should be noted that we do ask that anything published on our sites remain exclusive (i.e. we don’t permit dual posting).