Mike Babcock is no longer the Detroit Red Wings head coach. He is officially the head coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs. He is set to sign a 8 year, $ 50 million dollar deal and is scheduled to be announced as the head coach tomorrow in a press conference. In the mean time Red Wings general manager Ken Holland had a presser with the media today after the news had broken about Babcock leaving.
Here is the presser from today.
It seems as though Ken Holland has things in order. At least he seemed to lead on to that, saying he had a short list of names for replacements for Babcock and repeatedly saying that he loved working with Mike, but sometimes you just have to move on.
What did you guys think of the Presser? Do you think Holland will fill in all the holes and have this team ready to go when the preseason rolls around? Are you sad to see Babcock go, or was it time for a change? Let us know below and as always don’t forget to stay connected to Detroit Jock City for all your Detroit Red Wings news and notes as the off-season continues on.
More from Detroit Jock City
- Detroit Red Wings: Bobby Ryan makes debut, Frans Nielsen scratched
- Detroit Lions: Getting to know newly hired General Manager Brad Holmes
- Detroit Tigers add two international prospects ranked in the top thirty in 2021 class
- Detroit Lions coaching rumors: Getting to know front-runner Dan Campbell
- Detroit Lions: Brad Holmes hiring shows plan to return back to relevance