Oct 15, 2015; Stanford, CA, USA; Stanford Cardinal coach David Shaw leads players onto field before the NCAA football game against the UCLA Bruins at Stanford Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
The Lions aren’t going to woo Mr. Khaki (Jim Harbaugh) back from the college ranks, and into the pros. But perhaps they have a chance with the other man responsible for rebuilding Stanford football. Shaw has built his own legacy at Stanford, making the Cardinal a regular powerhouse in the Pac-12, and nationally.
He also has a good track record for developing quarterbacks, and has a good rapport with his players, while running a tight ship. Shaw has quite the gig, as a big man on campus. But if he’s interested and willing to listen, the Lions should make a pitch.
More from Detroit Jock City
- Tigers Sign Manager A.J. Hinch to Long-Term Extension
- Lions vs. Bears Week 14 Opening Odds Disrespect Detroit
- Former Tigers Celebrate Jim Leyland Hall of Fame Call
- This Pistons Team Could be the Worst in Detroit Sports History
- 4 Free Agents Tigers Should Sign During Winter Meetings
What do you think? If the Lions do part ways with Caldwell, who would you choose as the next head coach?