3. Bobby Ryan is going to play his way into a trade before the deadline.
When the Detroit Red Wings signed forward Bobby Ryan, it was pretty clear that he is using this as a fresh start. Not to say there is no chance he plays 2020-21 and sticks around, but it seems as if he will play himself to a level where he is traded.
Ryan signed a one-year, $1 million contract with the Red Wings as an investment project/reclamation project for Steve Yzerman and this organization. He has the potential to be a top-six forward, but an injury is delaying his start. He skated in a non-contact jersey at practice on Wednesday.
But in the bigger picture, Ryan has the potential to be a fifteen-plus goal scorer if he settles in on that second line. Going back to the first prediction of Mathias Bromé moving up to the top-six means someone has to come out of the top-six.
More from Detroit Red Wings
- 3 Michigan Sportsbook Promos You Can’t Afford to Miss (Unlock Over $2,400!)
- BetMGM Michigan Bonus: $1,000 No-Sweat Bet to Back ANY Detroit Team
- SI Sportsbook Offers Michigan Bettors an Exclusive Promo Bonus (10x Your Money!)
- Detroit Red Wings: Can Lucas Raymond produce as he did in rookie year?
- Detroit Red Wings: Can Michael Rasmussen find his niche role?
Ryan is likely to bounce around that role as well, so if he gets moved, then the first prediction seems more likely as well.
If he ends up putting the puck in the back of the net consistently, then he might be trade bait.
There is a chance that Yzerman would move Ryan if he can recoup some draft capital for the 2021 NHL Entry Draft since Ryan is on a one-year deal.
It seems like Ryan will fit well with Robby Fabbri on the second line, which will likely also feature youngster Filip Zadina as well. Once he starts scoring, a contending team might start showing interest in Ryan, who might find himself in another locker room by the end of the 2020-21 season.
As the Detroit Red Wings 2020-21 season approached, these are three bold predictions to keep an eye on. Good luck to the Red Wings who kick things off against the Hurricanes later tonight.