Sasha Pastujov – LW of United States Team Development Program
More from Detroit Red Wings
- 3 Michigan Sportsbook Promos You Can’t Afford to Miss (Unlock Over $2,400!)
- BetMGM Michigan Bonus: $1,000 No-Sweat Bet to Back ANY Detroit Team
- SI Sportsbook Offers Michigan Bettors an Exclusive Promo Bonus (10x Your Money!)
- Detroit Red Wings: Can Lucas Raymond produce as he did in rookie year?
- Detroit Red Wings: Can Michael Rasmussen find his niche role?
Another forward the Red Wings should consider is Sasha Pastujov, the United States Team Development Program (USNTDP) product who has a lot to like.
Pastujov is a left-handed shooting left wing who’s 6-foot and weighs187 pounds.
There’s one thing that’s certain, and it is that Pastujov can score. Last season Pastujov logged 41 games where he scored 30 goals and 35 assists for 65 total points with the USDP squad. With the USNTDP at the USHL level, Pastujov logged eighteen games where he had 10 goals and 16 assists for 26 total points.
In five games with the United States national team, Pastujov scored five goals and added three assists for eight points at the World Junior Championships. The thing to like a lot about Pastujov is that he scores goals but also sets up his teammates well.
He’s a smart offensive player who can make things happen in the offensive zone. Whether it’s by way of his stick or teammates, Pastujov is often creating scoring chances, as evidenced by his point totals.
Pastujov is also committed to play college hockey for Notre Dame after his time with USNTDP. If the Red Wings want a scorer with a nice track record already, Pastujov is someone the team has to have on their draft board.