The Michigan basketball team takes on Northwestern on Wednesday night. Here’s how you can find the game on TV or watch online.
The Michigan Wolverines welcome the Northwestern Wildcats to Crisler Center for the team’s penultimate home game of the 2015-16 regular season.
A win tonight would give the Michigan basketball team win number 20 on the season — traditionally a magic number for gaining entry into the NCAA Tournament.
The Wolverines have slipped to seventh place in the Big Ten standings, but they’re only one full game back of fourth place. The top four seeds get a double bye in the Big Ten Tournament and only would have to win three games to claim the conference’s automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament.
More from Michigan Wolverines
- Betting Preview: Best Bets for Michigan vs. Ohio State Rivalry
- Michigan Coach Shockingly Fired as Sign-Stealing Scandal Continues
- Betting Preview: Best Bets for Michigan vs. Penn State
- Known Blowhard Paul Finebaum Makes Ridiculous Michigan Prediction about National Championship
- Michigan Wolverines New Betting Favorite to Win National Championship
But to get into that sort of position, Michigan would have to win their final three games and get help in the form of a few losses to teams in front of them. The final games aren’t easy, either.
After tonight the Wolverines will travel to Wisconsin (always a tough place to play) before returning home for the season finale with No. 8 Iowa. And even winning all three might not be enough to give them the fourth seed. Michigan State, for instance, would have to lose two of their final three to get jumped by Michigan (they beat the Wolverines head-to-head).
Big Ten tournament aside, Michigan needs to continue to collect wins to pad their tournament resume for the selection committee. Joe Lunardi’s last bracketology update had the Wolverines as a No. 10 seed and as one of the last four teams to receive a first round by (i.e. missing a “First Four” play-in game).
More from Detroit Jock City
- Tigers Sign Manager A.J. Hinch to Long-Term Extension
- Lions vs. Bears Week 14 Opening Odds Disrespect Detroit
- Former Tigers Celebrate Jim Leyland Hall of Fame Call
- This Pistons Team Could be the Worst in Detroit Sports History
- 4 Free Agents Tigers Should Sign During Winter Meetings
Have a prediction for today’s Michigan basketball game? Join the discussion and tweet us @DetroitJockCity.